LED devices

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Jun 1 08:32:27 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 17:25 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:

> Isn't it enough, when the led is just a child of the device that has
> registered it?
> So userspace can just walk one directory up in /sys/devices/ and find
> the controlling device? Just the same way you will find the pci-device
> as a parent of the network interface.

Actually, I was talking about triggers, they don't have any stuff
in /sys/devices. But their name is controlled by something that does,
and that something can even be renamed (like netdevs).

Maybe the LED/LED trigger association API should just be symlinking a
trigger devices to a /sys/devices/.../<ledname>/trigger, but of course
that's not really possible.

johannes