Dell Latitude X1 S3 suspend

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Tue Jun 5 05:38:08 PDT 2007

Le mardi 05 juin 2007 à 12:08 +0100, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 12:40 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Here is the small change required to get my Dell Latitude X1 laptop
> > > resume properly from S3 on Fedora 7. Without this quirk, the screen
> > > stays off. With, it resumes fine. Tested for the last couple of
> > days.
> >
> > And does this also work from console or only from X?
>
> Maybe a loaded question, but does it actually matter that much?
>
> What percentage of users are going to use HAL to do the suspend when on
> a console? If you use pm-suspend then it ignores the hal-info quirks.

Not on MandrivaLinux :)

We also care about command line users, it doesn't cost too much to
support them.

> I'm guessing here, but probably 99.9% of people suspending will be in X
> when they do so.

Well, since we are able to have a full report from somebody who have a
system to test, it isn't very hard to test also for console for them and
this way, we know both X and console are validated.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva