[patch] Add keymap remapping to HAL

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:04:51 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 11:12 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 02:05 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Final patches!
> >
> > This patch adds keymap remapping to HAL and should fix all the issues
> > mentioned. I will work on the "self help" webpage tomorrow.
> >
> > Okay to commit?
>
> 1. The spec should probably mention what keynames are valid; good enough
>    to point to a .h file and tell people to do a mental upper->lower
>    case conversion.

Yes, done.

> 2. Either configure.in needs to check for gperf/awk; or we ship prebuilt
>    files. That's up to you; I would prefer the latter though. Then it's
>    also more visible what keynames are valid cf. 1

Ship the .h file, it's loads easier - we don't want to add two _more_
build deps.

> So I think it's almost there; btw; thanks for working on this.

As agreed on IRC, I've committed and pushed this. Feel free to suggest
fixes and improvements still tho.

I've started adding a keymap section to the quirk site (see the new
pages at http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/index.html ) - I
would appreciate some feedback from people trying to submit a keyboard
quirk.

Richard.