hal-info quirk patch for Acer TravelMate 380

osma ahvenlampi oa at iki.fi
Sat Jun 9 07:16:41 PDT 2007

And a final (I hope) reply to myself...

> system sometimes only), but only for X11. No combination of quirks
> (all mentioned above plus some other tries, ~20 in total) has provided
> me with a working text console post-resume. I have not tried fb
> consoles under F7.

That was ultimately due to the pm-utils f7 rpm lacking vbetool, so the
vbe post quirk wasn't in fact doing anything. Realized this today,
installed the updates-testing rpm which includes vbetool, and now I
have a text console post-resume when using --quirt-vbe-post. That plus
the bugfix to /etc/pm/config.d processing I posted about previously,
and it looks like I finally have a stable machine again..

--
Osma Ahvenlampi   <oa at iki.fi>       http://www.fishpool.org