hal: Branch 'master'

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Wed Jun 13 20:22:30 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > You broke make check. What is addset? Why have you used adddset? It
> > would be good if all patches went to the mailing list first so we can
> > spot errors before they happen.
>
> Keep cool, this is not that dramatically. If it break make, the reason is
> the known problem of two fdi.dtd files in HAL and hal-info which are not
> synced. The addset derective was btw. added by David, I assume he forgot to
> sync hal-info.

Danny is correct.  addset is part of the spec (
http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html#fdi-matching )
and I was in the IRC room when someone (I think David) said that they had
just implemented it.  So I had no reason to think that the change was
anything other than minor or incorrect, and for a minor change such as that I
didn't think it required posting.

Danny, thanks for fixing it.

--Jeff