s2both

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Sat Mar 10 16:13:09 PST 2007

Hi,

Both suspend.sf.net and suspend2 have a notion of s2both. That is,
before suspending to ram, the state of the system is saved to disk just
like would happen for hibernate.
This has the obvious benefit of being able to resume in case you
deplete your batteries while you laptop is suspended.

I think it would really be useful to have the possibility to do that
instead of plain s2ram when one suspends. We can of course just make
use of the possibility in pm-utils when it is available, but I guess a
checkbox in g-p-m would be nice. For that to work we also need another
attribute in hal.

Comments?

grts Tim