s2both

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Sun Mar 11 14:24:49 PDT 2007

11 Mar 2007 Paz tarihinde, Holger Macht şunları yazmıştı:
> Ok, what we already have is this:
>
>   power_management.can_hibernate = true  (bool)
>   power_management.can_suspend = true  (bool)
>
> These values are just a reflexion of what the kernel thinks, namely
> /sys/power/state. Another key like
>
>   power_management.can_suspend_to_both = true  (bool)
>
> would be needed. This key would come from userland though, so it can't be
> treated like the others. So what about pm-utils installing a fdi file
> containing the xml rule to add this key and to execute a script like the
> ones from hibernate and suspend (hal-system-power-hibernate, etc.). Would
> this be feasible?

Why that key is coming from userland, i think its simply result of
(power_management.can_hibernate and power_management.can_suspend). If im not
wrong, if power_management.can_hibernate is true, that only means that
machine has that support but we are not sure it can hibernate or resume
correctly, right? So i think we can easily provide can_suspend_to_both and
let GUI's/users select for themselves instead of using fdi's?

--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!