s2both

Holger Macht hmacht at suse.de
Sun Mar 11 14:44:59 PDT 2007

On Sun 11. Mar - 23:36:55, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> Hi;
>
> 11 Mar 2007 Paz tarihinde, Holger Macht şunları yazmıştı:
> > Because s2both depends on userland software, the fdi file would just tell
> > HAL that the system would be capable of doing s2both.
>
> So that fdi will replicate uswsusp's whitelist? If so, what about making
> uswsusp hal aware or i'm really misunderstanding something?

The fdi file I was proposing hasn't anything to do with the whitelist. It
just serves two purposes:

  - add the key power_management.can_suspend_to_both  (or whatever) and/or set it to
    'true'
  - add a method on the org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement
    interface to execute a script which in turn calls pm-utils to do the
    s2both

You might want to have a look at
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-power-mgmt-policy.fdi for
something similar to this.

Regards,
	Holger