[Pm-utils] Re: pm-utils' 55battery: WTF?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Mar 14 08:39:04 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 11:00 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 14:45 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> > It tells HAL to rescan the battery - in case someone changed the battery
> > we want the new serial number etc... if I recall Peter's reasoning
> > correctly. I think this check is better done in HAL than in pm-utils; it
> > doesn't make sense to make pm-utils call into HAL at all - Peter, is
> > this fine with you?
> >
> > If so, I'll make this change in HAL for 0.5.9 (and I'll make the async
> > too!).
>
> Sure, this can (and should) be in HAL.  I'll remove it just as soon as I
> can verify that the fixed HAL works.

FWIW, I verified that it works yesterday using an old version of
pm-utils with this. The serial number of the battery gets updated on
both suspend and hibernate when the battery is changed while sleeping.
I'll look into into integrating the pm-is-supported + hybrid suspend
into HAL today. Then HAL master will depend on that version of pm-utils
or newer. Thanks.

     David