0.5.9rc2

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Mar 26 21:19:00 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 03:38 +0200, Gabriel C wrote:
> I've tested rc2 today and so far everything looks fine , no crahes or
> the like :)

Great, thanks for testing.

> Aynway I've found some bugs.
>
> Something is broken with the build system ..
>
> While building with fakeroot ( with or without autoreconf ) hal does not
> get my CHOST anymore on a i686 box. Huch ?
> ( adding --host , --build , --target  to configure  solves this )
> This is fine on the same box with hal 0.5.8.1.

Uh, I suck at build system stuff so I can't help here. Sorry. Patches
welcome though :-)

> hal-info check is missing from configure. I guess we want one  ?

As Michael said, hal-info isn't required at build-time and strictly hal
can work without it though this is of course not recommended :-)

> --enable-umount-helper  Provide umount.hal helper

> You should tell here util-linux with an patch is needed to get this
> working.
> (  without  hal won't  mount at all )

Fixed

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=2990946172751344782330d9a16d5b830c250b29
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=0bf343fc00b0c30e7284729cf1d8ac68d3948397

> On autoreconf I see this :
>
> hald/freebsd/probing/Makefile.am:32: compiling `freebsd_dvd_rw_utils.c'
> with per-target flags requires `AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in `configure.in'

Seen this to. Adding AM_PROG_CC_C_O to configure.in makes it go away so
I committed that.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=7bb331ff82a796c0b6fc59017d72799f5b732822

> Finally I think you should release an PolicyKit snapshot this time.
> I don't see the point to not have one but maybe I'm missing something here.

Yea, but as I mentioned here

 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-March/007743.html

PolicyKit will undergo quite a few changes; something I plan to work on
once 0.5.9 is out. Stay tuned!

     David