ACPI button handling

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 07:23:12 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 13:47 +0200, Nicolas "Ikke" Trangez wrote:

> I read and heard some work is being done on handling ACPI buttons in
> HAL
> (eg. volume manipulation buttons on laptops). I miss the overall image
> though: what would be HAL's task? What will happen when I press a
> button? Will HAL get into my X server?...

The plan, (as far as I know) is for all ACPI buttons to be abstracted at
the INPUT layer, so we can just treat them as normal buttons.

HAL currently grabs some buttons and emits them as ButtonPressed events,
although that might go away when the INPUT stuff has fully landed.

I think that's right.

Richard.