Infinite l00p in rules handling

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Fri Nov 9 10:26:14 PST 2007

On Freitag, 9. November 2007, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> <deviceinfo version="0.2">
> <device>
>   <match key="@block.storage_device:storage.hotpluggable" bool="false">
>     <match key="@block.storage_device:storage.removable" bool="false">
>             <!--<merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>-->
>     </match>
>   </match>
> </device>
> </deviceinfo>

The same happen on empty rules. Attached patch against git master fix this for
me (Not sure if this is the right place for the fix, but maybe enough for no,
I take a deeper look at it later). I could not see any changes in lshal with
this rule. But test please if it change something for you.

> hald is stucked in device_info.c:rules_match_and_merge_device in the
> default case "HAL_WARNING(("Unhandled rule (%i)!", rule->rtype))"
>
> PS : I've changed this subject email since there seems to be a mail filter
> dropping mail with the word "infinite loop" as a subject

Hm, I could not find any filter rule which could cause this.

Danny