dell Inspiron 6400 sleep quirks not recognized

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Nov 12 11:24:19 PST 2007

On Samstag, 27. Oktober 2007, Fulko Hew wrote:
> so I created and tested a section, duplicating the existing quirks
> except without the prefix="Inspiron", and the quirks are now
> recognized when I do:
>
> lshal | grep quirk
>
> and when I test 'sleep' on the laptop it now works!  :-)

This mean your machine suspend and resume correctly when use these susend
quirks?:

power_management.quirk.dpms_on
power_management.quirk.vbe_post
power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore

Would it also work without power_management.quirk.dpms_on or without any of
them? I also seen reports of machines with MM061 (Dell e1505) needed no keys.

Danny