Teaching hal about format/fsck/label changing

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 13 13:29:30 PST 2007

> The lack of nice desktop integration of volume label changing,
> fscking, and formatting has bothered me for a long time already. Now I
> finally have some time to work on this.

Yay!

Your proposal is pretty high-level and it sounds good to me so far. You
might also want to search archives as this was discussed in the past
and, I think, Christopher Santero even sent some patches, but I don't
know what happened to that.

One note about fsck: in addition to manually requesting fsck, it would
be nice to do so automatically prior to mount, perhaps by default for
those filesystems that support "dirty bit", and by letting users force
it (say) via GConf tunable for those filesystems that don't.

-Artem