[hal-info patch] Reintroduce GCC-4240N CD-ROM polling blacklisting

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Wed Nov 14 14:52:22 PST 2007

Hi Danny,

Danny Kukawka [2007-11-14 19:30 +0100]:
> Wouldn't it make more sence to do this only on Dell Laptops and independent
> from the blockdevice naming?

The patch that I attached, is the one that already had been in
hal/hal-info a while ago. Since I do not have the hardware, I didn't
change it.

However, if the bug is in the CD-ROM's firmware, it doesn't matter
whether it is in a Dell or other machine.

As for the check for hdb/hdd, I can only speculate. Maybe the issue
only happens if the drive is a slave? I don't object at all to
dropping the device name check, that'll make the rule easier.

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de