KEY_{EURO,DOLLAR} status?

Carlos Corbacho cathectic at slackadelic.com
Fri Oct 26 05:50:48 PDT 2007

Daniel,

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 14:41:53 Daniel Qarras wrote:
> in your e-mail July 22 (1) you said:
> > soon we should have KEY_EURO and KEY_DOLLAR so we can just change
> > them when it gets to linus.
>
> Do you happen to what's the status of KEY_EURO and KEY_DOLLAR support
> at the moment? Linus has just released 2.6.24-rc1 and it seems it does
> not contain anything in that area.

You're persuading me to get involved has paid off - I submitted a patch
yesterday to Dmitry to add KEY_EURO and KEY_DOLLAR, which was accepted and
applied (it hasn't shown up on the input git tree yet though - I imagine
Dmitry still needs to push his changes for them to show up).

Once I see it hit mainline, I'll submit a patch for hal-info to fix all the
Euro and Dollar keys on Acer laptops, and another patch to xkeyboard-config
to fix acer_laptop there to use the new keys.

-Carlos
E-Mail: cathectic at gmail.com
Web: strangeworlds.co.uk
GPG Key ID: 0x23EE722D