Patch for old CD-RW and DVD drives

Ulrich Büchsel buechsel at web.de
Sat Sep 1 07:19:41 PDT 2007

Am Montag, den 27.08.2007, 13:22 +0200 schrieb Danny Kukawka:
> About how old devices do we speak? Which devices do support only MMC-1 ?

That seems to be the point to me. I noticed the same behaviour of hal
with my approx. 7 years old LITE ON LTR12101B. With nautilus cd burner
version 2.14.1 I still could burn cds. This version contained a non hal
fallback code for older cd burners that do not support the GET
CONFIGURATION command which is part of the mmc-2 spec. As hal seems to
rely on the GET CONFIGURATION command I suppose that my burner is a
mmc-1 one. I hope the hal developers don't consider these burners to be
too old to support them as one of linux' advantages was that it
supported older hardware.