Acer laptop brightness hal support

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Fri Sep 7 06:06:20 PDT 2007

Michal Majchrowicz wrote:
> Hi.
> I recently spent some time on adding software way of controling
> brightness on my Acer laptop. There is acer_acpi module that adds this
> support. It creates /proc/acpi/acer/brightness which allows to
> set/read brightness. I have modified acpi.c to add to hal support for
> this module. I hope you will accept it to main tree. I don't send
> hal-system-lcd* since the contol of brightness is almost the same as
> for panasonic (and others).
> to read:
> cat /proc/acpi/acer/brightness
> to write:
> (accept values from 0 to 15)
> echo 4 > /proc/acpi/acer/brightness
> Regards Michal.

The best thing to do would be to provide a diff against the current
master branch files, rather then a whole acpi.c file.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;f=HACKING

Provides a terse explaination of how to use git to pull the latest master.

--
Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/