Acer laptop brightness hal support

Carlos Corbacho cathectic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 17:07:56 PDT 2007

Danny Kukawka wrote:

> 1) this driver isn't part ot the linux kernel?! Why?

acer_acpi has been NAK'ed in it's current form - I am currently waiting on a
generic WMI driver from the Linux ACPI developers, which acer_acpi will be
rebased on and then resubmitted upstream (and any upstream driver will
definitely not contain _any_ /proc code).

> 2) I didn't read the complete code and docu of the driver, but if I
> understood everything correct: the driver should use the backlight
> interface of the kernel.

Yes, this is correct. If it's not working properly, then it's an acer_acpi
bug and should be reported to me (and not to yourselves and the HAL mailing
list).

-Carlos
E-Mail: cathectic at gmail.com
Web: strangeworlds.co.uk