radeontool and vbetool - why aren't they in pm-tools?!!

Chris Nolan chris at mytreo.net
Thu Sep 13 03:50:27 PDT 2007

Why aren't vbetool and radeon tool in the current pm-tools package for
fc7? Over the past 3 weeks I have wasted too many hours trying to make
my laptop resume from suspend to RAM only to find that these 2 tools are
missing from my system, yet they are required for the pm- scripts to
work correctly. I installed them, along with libx86 (from
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/7/i386/ as they aren't
in the fedora repos either) and wake from RAM is now working properly. I
doubt most new fedora users would have this patience and would just move
on to another distro.

I notice this problem was first brought to the attention of the list in
July, but has not been rectified.
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-July/009261.html)

Is there somewhere I should report this as an official bug?

Thanks
Chris