hal with ntfs-3g when user UI language setting different from the user locale setting

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 02:10:11 PST 2008

My computer is running slackware 12.1 in en_US language because i prefer OL.
But I set the locale not to en_US because i need to get the correct
characters when treating of filenames in local language. I think that's
why when i mount an ntfs partition with hal and ntfs-3g driver in kde i
cannot see any file which name contains non en_US characters. Does anyone
have a work around for this?

Are you a PC?  Upload your PC story and show the world