Hald not starting - hald_runner.c:runner_died():200 : Runner died

Joshua Gordon Crawford jgcrawford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:52:43 PST 2008

On 08/02/2008, Joshua Gordon Crawford <jgcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm using Slackware 12.0, which has hal 0.5.9.1 and hal-info 20070618.
>
>  I've recently upgraded GNOME using Gnome.SlackBuild, and since then,
>  haven't been able to start hald. GSB didn't install new hal or
>  hal-info packages - I still have the ones from Slackware 12.0 - and
>  there's been no reports on the GSB maling list of other people having
>  this problem. A log (from hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes) is attached.

UPDATE: Robby Workman helped me in private mail, and unfortunately
couldn't find the exact cause of the problem. I'd been upgrading and
downgrading quite a bit and my system was a mess, so it was probably
some extraneous config file or library. After reinstalling
Slackware+GSB from scratch, everything works fine.
--
Joshua Crawford ... http://geocities.com/mortarn

http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=G84381
Emailcash - Free rewards for shopping online