help configuring PolicyKit to work in debian

Diego González dggonz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 03:22:02 PST 2008

Hi, it seems i'm unable to make PolicyKit from CVS work in debian for
some reason.

Here is what i see:
If i launch polkit-gnome-autorization everything looks ok until the
time in where i click on a specific permission, at that point i get
these messages in the console:

[WARN   477] polkit-session.c:285:polkit_session_get_ck_objref():
session != NULL
 Not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
[WARN   477] polkit-session.c:321:polkit_session_get_ck_is_local():
session != NULL
 Not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
[WARN   477] polkit-session.c:303:polkit_session_get_ck_is_active():
session != NULL
 Not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

I have configured /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf like this:

<config version="0.1">
        <match user="root">
                <return result="yes"/>
        </match>
        <define_admin_auth group="admin"/>
</config>

my user belongs to the admin group.

I have also created:
 /var/lib/PolicyKit
/var/lib/PolicyKit-public

directories

I have checked the service files and dbus configuracion files and
everything seems ok.

However i cannot get to modify any permissions, nautilus is giving me
a lot of troubles due to the set of permissions that my user has, but
i cannot modify them.

To me it seems that somehow the daemon (polkitd) is not being launched
to check the permissions (i have never seen this daemon run since i
updated to the git head version). And due to this are the errors that
i get from the polkit-gnome-authorization program.

However if i launch manually the polkitd daemon nothing happends, i
keep getting the same errors.

If someone could help me i would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you very much!