SONY VAIO VGN-T17GP

Jean-Phi joaophilippe.mb.monteiro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:49:30 PST 2008

Hi List

Thanks _A_ _LOT_ to the Quirk page on
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html
I am now able to suspend my 10.1WXGA less-than-3-pounds subnotebook.

And then, I sure stood ready to share the info. But, gosh, that's the hardest
part! I failed. This git stuff is tough stuff.

Since the
 /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-sony.fdi
was just updated with the output of
lshal | grep system.hardware
and I manually found out that the following quirks were the right ones:

power_management.quirk.dpms_on  aka  --quirk-dpms-on
power_management.quirk.vbe_post  aka --quirk-vbe-post

yes, code:
pm-suspend --quirk-dpms-on --quirk-vbe-post
work,

I do believe you gurus should have enough info to update the mainstream
files... I can attach/post my 'new' 20-video-quirk-pm-sony.fdi file if you
want, but I feel I did not followed the instructions exactly there. More
savagely hacked the un-useful original file I'm afraid.

If one cares at all after all, it's 2 years old, SE-Asia only, 1.1centrino.
[running up-to-date Fedora7, k 2.6.23]
strings are:
-vendor "Sony Corporation"
-product "VGN-T17GP_S(HK)"
-version "J000LUD6"

This quirk-age has been tried at least 10 times prior to posting; yes, it
works, be it from .sh script, desktop shortcut, cli or gnome-power-stuff.
It even works when I close my lid!

All the best.

Jean-Philippe

--

Cheers... From Cambodia!

Emperor Palpatine:
	Everything that has transpired has done so according
	to my design.

--Fedora 7 / Enlightenment DR16--