HAL Addon Question

Thanh Tran ttran7700 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 09:45:32 PST 2008

I have a question regarding the HAL deamon.  I'm
having trouble getting my app to start.  I created a
policy and used the hald-addon-storage to test my fdi
file.  It seems to run fine. I plug a an extra USB
mouse in and see a new instance of it started.

 <append key="info.addons"
 type="strlist">hald-addon-storage</append>

However, I replaced the call line with:

 <append key="info.addons"
 type="strlist">hald-addon-MyApp</append>

I placed the file in the libexec folder and checked to
ensure the privileges matched the others.  I'm not
sure what I'm doing wrong.  The app is simply looping
and printing a simple message every few seconds.  I
did a "ps -e" call to see if it were running in the
background.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.