SONY VAIO VGN-T17GP

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Fri Feb 29 02:18:05 PST 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:31:07 +0700
Jean-Phi <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 22 Feb 2008, Jan Hutař wrote:
> > crap
>
> Sorry, only this file would do it,
>
> [file as follow:]
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->
> <deviceinfo version="0.2.v">
>  <device>
>   <match key="system.hardware.vendor" string="Sony Corporation">
>    <match key="system.hardware.product" string="VGN-T17GP_S(HK)">
>     <match key="system.hardware.version" string="J000LUD6">
>      <merge key="power_management.quirk.dpms_on" type="bool">true</merge>
>      <merge key="power_management.quirk.vbe_post" type="bool">true</merge>
>     </match>
>    </match>
>   </match>
>  </device>
> </deviceinfo>
>

> [endof]
>
> I am more than a bit disappointed not to be able to make these quite same
> parameters work on my machine in your file. What happen is that the screen
> doesn't get a "kick", stays 99% dark. Tried to add hardware.version string to
> your file to no avail.
>
> Now, it's worth mentioning that it only works with the "experimental" intel
> driver, which currently crashes xine... That's quite a drawback. Out of your
> scope I know, suspend is working and that's good.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jean-Philippe

Sorry,
I'm not sure if I understand you. The only difference between fdi file
I have send to you and file which works for you is the
'version="0.2.v"' property.

Could you please try this file again with latest hal (I have F8)? I
have added match for "system.hardware.version" as in your file, but I
think it is useless. Do not forget to restart haldaemon.

Also attached a patch which could be sent to hal list in case the file
will work as expected.

Hope this helps,
Jan

--