Passing Information From HAL

Thanh Tran ttran7700 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 05:54:39 PST 2008

I would use HAL to pass information between my
application and a hot plug-in device.  I realize there
exists a library to help me write C code with this
functionality.  However, what I need to do is
relatively simple.  I want to detect a storage device
plugged in by a user and have my application read data
off of the device.  I used an .fdi policy file and a
bash script to start my app whenever a usb storage
device was plugged in.  However, I still need to
inform my application of the drive location.  I'm
assuming other policies will mount it auto for me.  I
just need to pass on the location to my app.  Any good
information or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.