ConsoleKit 0.2.4

Michael Biebl mbiebl at
Wed Jan 23 12:51:23 PST 2008

2008/1/23, William Jon McCann <mccann at>:
> A new ConsoleKit release is available.
> system restart/stop support.

tbh, I find it very strange, that this kind of functionality is in ConsoleKit.
I'd rather that CK remains as simple as possible and only provides
user/session tracking.

This also creates a very "nice" dependency loop:
CK depending on PolicyKit and PolicyKit depending on CK. Not good.

Could you elaborate why this functionality was put into CK?
I'd prefer if CK wouldn't add a dep on PolicyKit.

universe are pointed away from Earth?