USB Speed Checking

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jul 29 09:09:52 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 10:20 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback guys...
>
> > Bastien Nocera Wrote:
> > You're not checking whether the device that's being plugged in is a USB 2 device though...
>
> Did you read the code? I thought I was. I thought I'd even written it
> to support usb3.

As a matter of fact, yes I did. I just missed reading the callout ;)

As David mentioned, you're missing the bigger problem nowadays of USB
1.x devices slowing down a particular hub they're on. So a USB 1.x
device plugged into a USB 2.0 hub would make the would hub USB 1.x
speeds, for compatibility reasons I assume.

Rest looks good.

Cheers