Help with HAL, Consolekit and scanners

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 3 06:36:57 PDT 2008

Hi Sergio,

Sergio Callegari [2008-06-03 13:07 +0000]:
> What package do I need to add to kubuntu to make the access to the authorisation
> configuration that you mention available?  Is it polkit-gnome-authorisation?

That's the program name. It is shipped in policykit-gnome.

> And just in case I would like to do it "manually", which files
> should I read and change?

The authorizations are stored in /var/lib/PolicyKit/. They are text
files, but you really shoult not edit them manually.

If you don't want to install the GNOME tool, you can use the
command line tool polkit-auth, too. Please see its manpage.

HTH,

Martin