[hal-info] Suspend and keymap patches for Acer TravelMate 5320

Adrian C. (anrxc) anrxc at sysphere.org
Sat Jun 7 09:39:26 PDT 2008

Hi,
I was in contact with Carlos Corbacho who was supposed to send
these patches in but there was no commit, I guess he is to busy
so I'm sending them now. They are attached to this message.

I have an Acer TravelMate 5320 (intel graphics, broadcom wifi and
bluetooth), some info from "dmidecode" about the machine:

   Manufacturer: Acer
   Product Name: TravelMate 5320
   Version: 0100

lshal
   system.hardware.product = 'TravelMate 5320'  (string)

Since I just started using hald, it's new to me so I'll note a few things.

Keyboard notes:

* One "key" is working and not returning a scancode (used "showkey",
   booted with "atkbd.softraw=0").

Fn+F6  (displayoff)

* While I was testing hald with these changes made most of the
   keys were mapped correctly this time, as specified in the
   keymap file. But a few still weren't mapped (Fn, lock,
   presentation, sync, euro, dollar) so I'm still using
   setkeycodes/xmodmap for them.

Suspend notes:

* Suspend works from both X and the console with s3_bios and
   s3_mode. No other quirks needed. I also sent a patch to uswsusp
   project 10 days ago.

* I had major problems with suspending because of an issue where
   the machine would reboot and then freeze while resuming. I
   traced it back to a single module that was causing
   this: "psmouse", so it should be removed prior to
   suspending. Since then I saw many bug reports on Ubuntu
   launchpad and other places for Acer machines with that specific
   problem, and I was able to help those people by mentioning
   "psmouse". I mentioned this in case tips/notes like this for
   specific hardware are also noted somewhere in hal-info. Anyway
   I hope it will be fixed in kernel from 2.6.26.

This was tested on Arch GNU/Linux with linux 2.6.25.4 and hal 0.5.11.

Regards, Adrian C.

--
JID:anrxc|sysphere|org | sysphere.org/~anrxc/