hal Digest, Vol 35, Issue 17

Trond Husø tr-huso at online.no
Thu Jun 12 08:35:47 PDT 2008

> > > Right.  So what we should do is:
> > >

> > > 2) If the prober fails because the device needs a PIN or whatever, it
> > > sets a key on the device like "prober.failed_count = 1"
If the card already is ready it will return error on at+cpin=PINCODE
(four digits)
So what you should check for is at+cpin? if this returns +CPIN: READY
then the card is ready and does not need the PIN-code. otherwize it will
return +CPIN: SIM PIN

> > There are also AT+ commands that will return the signal-strength of the
> > card.
>
> Yeah, that's not something HAL should be doing though, that's left to
> upper level tools that have UI.
>
> > I'm currently thinking of writing an application sort of similar to the
> > one that comes with Dell on Windows for this card. This so that I don't
> > have to run Shell-commands all the time, and have more control over
> > state of signals and such.
>
> There's a bunch of these, like NetworkManager, VMC, etc.

I guess I have to check out the latest NM as I am running Ubuntu and it
does not support this in 0.6.6

-trond-