hal-info: Branch 'master'

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Wed Jun 25 04:25:56 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 08:34 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
>> I didn't say the idea is bad in general, but the way this patch goes
>> is wrong.
>> And as you pointed out I'm not the only one with this argument. Why is
>> there no reaction on these conserns?
>
> Dude, Matthew is the #1 expert in Linux suspend and resume. If he says
> it's going to help, I trust him.

This might very well be.
I, however, have seen too many machines die on needlessly applied quirks to
believe that this is the silver bullet everybody is searching for.
And it will make resume much slower on machines that don't need a quirk at all.
Additionally, the combination of quirks is dubious, at least (i have yet to
find a machine that needs vbestate and vbemode restore, since the first seems
to imply the second.

But yeah, i'm certainly not knowing what the gurus here are all talking about...

;-)

Have fun,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)