hal: Branch 'master' - 3 commits

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Mar 3 14:31:29 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 23:23 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> The attached patches fixes/cleanup some obvious bugs/issues (without any take
> a deeper look at them or other test) in your commits.

> - hal_set_proc_title ("hald-addon-storage: no polling because %s is locked via HAL and O_EXCL", device_file);
> + hal_set_proc_title ("hald-addon-storage: no polling because %s locked via HAL and O_EXCL", device_file);

I'm not a native speaker but I think removing the "is" is (pun!) wrong.

Also, I'm not a big fan of functions returning in the middle; "goto"
error handling is much more elegant. So please don't change that.
Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people feel different about this.

> Don't get it wrong, but it would be IMO really helpful if we could agree to
> send such patches (non-bugfixing patches) to the mailinglist first to have a
> chance to review and discuss them as always.

I'll try to do that in the future

     David