hal-info: Do not mount the CD drive of the Huawei E220 USB HSDPA modem

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Tue Mar 11 00:42:07 PDT 2008

De: h Sam Morris
Enviado el: lun 10/03/2008 19:13
Para: Debian Bug Tracking System
Asunto: hal-info: Do not mount the CD drive of the Huawei E220 USB HSDPA modem

Package: hal-info
Version: 20080215-1
Severity: normal
Tags: patch

The Huawei E220 is a USB HSPDA/GPRS modem. It appears to the computer as
a USB CD drive, on which are drivers for Windows systems. Of course, we
need no such drivers, so the CD drive is useless and annoying as it is
mounted by GNOME whenever a user logs in.

>The attached patch (taken from
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/105545>)
causes HAL to ignore the CD drive.

I have read this is now included in the Kernel.

I have a bigger problem. I have an old kernel and I have installed Vodafone package. But I cannot download dependencias, because I have no Internet connection. This is circular Internet dependency hell.

And there is not an easy way to list packages installed / broken in a Debian box to upload it to a website and obtain a list of link of packages to download (i.e. in other OS computer) to later install in Debian (or other Unice).

Regards

Pedro.