pm-suspend quirk + fglrx

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 06:43:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 14:01 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Dienstag, 11. März 2008, Stefan Söffing wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > it had a long fight against fglrx to suspend. Now it seems to work: The
> > solution for me was, _not_ to use vbe_post and vbestate_restore.
>
> Please note: HAL don't support proprietary (closed) drivers like fglrx or
> nvidia.

Though I completely agree with the principle, I don't think it is the
case now.

The quirks break its correct functioning, so here the case is "not
breaking", not "supporting" (though it can for sure be reasonably argued
for the opposite :). On the other hand quirks often fix situations when
proprietary and closed firmwares do the wrong thing, so probably it
should be also done here (given it is probably very trivial fix).

Regards,