Identifying mobile phones as modems

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 12 11:39:26 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Daniel Qarras <dqarras at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Ok, now I got the point, thanks. In this specific example case (Nokia
>  CA-42) it would be rather safe however to assume that everything
>  connected via it would support those GSM features mentioned, no?

For as long as we can tell when an external device gets connected. I'm
not familiar with the cable (not a Nokia user) but maybe it supports
the USB hub interface or notifies the computer in some other way so my
comment may we worthless. It would be kind of silly to complain to the
user about a non-working connection when all that is plugged in is the
cable ;)

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution