Identifying mobile phones as modems

Daniel Qarras dqarras at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 23:53:07 PDT 2008

Hi!

> > Ok, something like the attached patch? It works for me just like
> the
> > previous one using class and subclass rather than the interface
> number.
> >
> > PS. I noticed that there are several instances of interface numbers
> > defined in that 10-modem.fdi file already..
>
> I wouldn't assume that all of them on the other side of the phone are
> GSM; Nokia makes quite a few CDMA phones as well.  Are you 100% sure
> none of them use the same connector?

Looking at the compatibility page for CA-42 it indeed seems so:

http://europe.nokia.com/products/accessories/all_accessories/memory-cards-and-cables/cables/CA-42/CA-42-compatibility

We're going a bit off-topic but I think actually Nokia is quitting or
already quit making CDMA phones:

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1059329

Cheers!