ANNOUNCE: HAL Scanner 0.1
bersace03 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:54:32 PDT 2008
Some of you should be aware i'm working on HAL scanner support for few
weeks. (I talked about that on GNOME Scan blog, SANE devel, #hal, etc.).
I reached a milestone providing all the features we need. There are so
numerous :P. Here is what is done so far:
* ship sane-fdi from Abel Deuring. ship as well the .fdi generated
* Provide a hald-addon-scanner
* implements org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Scanner interface.
* set scanner.sane.name property
* trigger "Event(option_name, value)" on hard
selected option change
* implement ReleaseDevice() and ClaimDevice
allowing SANE frontend to use the scanner
* syslog debugging output
* busconfig shipped allowing only scanner group to send and
receive to org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Scanner interface
* Tiny documentation (PDF)
* autotools build system
* Git local repo waiting for public repos to push to
* a python test program catching scanner and their signals. I
tested method using D-Feet only.
This is my first attempt at dbus and hal development, so it is likely to
have bugs, design mistakes, etc. Comments and patches are welcome.
I wonder whether it should be merged in hald or not since it does not
fit for embedded device. Again, comments welcome.
I didn't implement HPLIP device. I even wonder if they ship *.desc.
Should be for 0.2 ;)
Beware that hald should be allowed to access scanner device once you
E Ultreïa !
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 126241 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/attachments/20080314/b2af38d0/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the hal