small bug in the current 20-video-quirk-pm-acer.fdi

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Mar 17 14:06:30 PDT 2008

I have here an Acer TravelMate 230 laptop which after an update to
Fedora 8 was giving me a grief with suspend (although it used
to work with Fedora 6, for example).  Therefore I was quite
pleased to find that in a recent fdi file, here:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal-info.git;a=blob;f=fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-acer.fdi
an entry for this laptop did show up.

There is a catch.  After loading this file and restarting hal
'lshal | grep quirk' came out empty.  It turns out that in the
corresponding "match" there is the following:

  prefix_outof="TravelMate 630;TravelMate 230 "

while 'lshal | grep system.hardware.product' prints:

  system.hardware.product = 'TravelMate 230'  (string)

without that spurious blank after '230'.  With this space removed
and hal restarted again grepping for quirks gave me now

  power_management.quirk.s3_bios = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.s3_mode = true  (bool)

and the laptop started again to suspend and hibernate like it
used in the past (it required for this 'acpi_sleep=s3_bios'
boot option but that was it).

I see in that fdi file another line with such blank; namely this one:

        <match key="system.hardware.product" contains_outof="1640;3100;5500Z ">

Most likely this is a bug too.  No idea about non-Acer fdi files.

   Thanks,
   Michal