How to commit to hal-0_5_11-branch

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 18 10:35:45 PDT 2008

How do I checkout and commit to hal-0_5_11-branch?  I've tried git
checkout hal-0_5_11-branch and git pull origin
hal-0_5_11-branch:hal-0_5_11-branch, but neither properly set my branch
to hal-0_5_11-branch.  I either get that the branch does not exist, or
the merge fails because NEWS is not up to date, or there are conflicts
in the hotplug.c file.

Every git tip sheet I've read says that this should be really simple,
but I can't find a combination that works.

Joe
--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org