Update on DeviceKit

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed May 7 09:32:05 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 12:37 +0200, Étienne Bersac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What about scanners ? I can do the work on scanner. Would it be possible
> to use SANE device name as native path ? Do we need another service like
> e.g. DeviceKit-scanners ? Where are callouts and addon ?

For scanners I'd expect it to work just like for gphoto2 cameras

 - sane-backends provides device information files to identify scanners
 - so from DeviceKit you can get the USB devices that are scanners
 - your GObject library for dealing with scanners gets the devices from
   the DeviceKit daemon

Where do you expect callouts and addons are needed?

      David