Update on DeviceKit

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Fri May 9 10:09:25 PDT 2008

> I've mentioned in the TODO lists that the Linux specific bits will be
> factored out into individual files as much as possible and #ifdef's for
> the rest. I expect, when this is done, it'll be very easy to figure out
> where to put OS specific bits. I also expect you can reuse a lot of the
> code from the FreeBSD HAL backend.
>
> Portability is definitely something I want to ensure is working from the
> get-go so I'm glad to see you reply early on. From a pragmatic point of
> view there's probably going to need to be some ping-pong back and forth
> until the code is in a state where it's easy to port to other OS'es than
> Linux 2.6.

On behalf of myself and not my employer, I welcome our refactoring
overlords :) Appreciate the early heads-up, the more time our guys will
have to prepare the better (never mind that they'll wait until the last
moment anyway).

-Artem