Update on DeviceKit

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 13 01:50:29 PDT 2008

2008/5/7 David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk>:
> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 16:27 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>  > 2008/5/7 Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de>:
>  > > On Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2008, Holger Macht wrote:
>  > >  > Hi David,
>  > >  >
>  > >  > good to hear some news ;-)
>  > >  >
>  > >  > On Wed 07. May - 03:40:04, David Zeuthen wrote:
>  > >  > [...]
>  > >  >
>  > >  > > Also, we need subsystem daemons for USB and for power management. For
>  > >  > > PM, I have some code lying around that I never put in git. I'm going to
>  > >  > > try and clean it up over the next week or so and post it here.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Can you give me a short hint what your PM code includes? I already took a
>  > >  > look at DeviceKit and already tought about the conversion of the PM bits.
>  > >
>  > >  Btw. I would prefer to write and discuss a basic concept for PM before start
>  > >  any coding.
>  >
>  > I'm interested in this too, (still) for the UPS (and power devices)
>  > integration side...
>
>  Yeah, I expect it will be a lot easier to integrate nut into this; it
>  would just be another class implementing the org.fd.DK.Power.Source
>  interface (the other one, on Linux, being the one that
>  reads /sys/class/power_suplly).

sure, I'll look into this and try to follow this thread as much as possible.

btw, the nut addons are quite complete and stable (even providing some
DBus methods).
I'm not sure yet about the distro inclusion (I'm currently working
with the SuSE and RH guys on this ; Debian is ready for some times ;
don't know about others...) so you might soon want to remove soon the
addon-hid-ups to suppress possible conflicts and maintenance hassle...

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com