Please I need help with Hal and NFS

William Tambe tambewilliam at gmail.com
Sat May 24 05:10:19 PDT 2008

I am trying to build a diskless system using ubuntu.

But the problem here is that, when hal start it does some kind of
remounting, which makes the filesystem disappear and all I get when I
boot the machine is:

/etc/init.d/rc: 317: sed: Input/output error

This is caused by the fact that no file can be found.

When HAL is prevented to start at boot, the system boot just fine.
Once I have my system booted and do a remount of the nfs drive, I get
the same problem found when the system is booted with hal.

Now what I need is a HAL rule that will ignore whatever event is
associated with nfs.

And please tell me where it should go. ei: /etc/hal or /usr/share/hal.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT