[hal-info patch] Add policy for nvidia g80 hardware

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Thu May 29 04:56:26 PDT 2008

On Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> g80 and later video hardware from nvidia can currently only be
> reinitialised by running a copy of the video BIOS stashed from the card
> RAM before suspend. The system video BIOS will no longer work. According
> to nvidia, this should work on all platforms. This fdi file removes any
> existing quirks that may relate to machines with different video
> hardware and then forcibly enables video posting.

1) Is this true for the closed source driver or also for the nv (or other)
driver?

2) Sorry but the fdi-file you attached is bad. There is a reason why we the
*_outof matches for fdi-files (see [1]).

3) IMO the name of the file should be 21-video-quirk-nvidia.fdi

4) missing useful comments about the intention of the matches/quirks in the
fdi-file.

Danny

[1]
http://people.freedesktop.org/~dkukawka/hal-spec-git/hal-spec.html#fdi-matching