[hal-info patch] Add default video quirks

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu May 29 06:00:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 01:48:13PM +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> I think we had this discussion already. I would vote against adding such
> default quirks to HAL. After all the quirks we have see already in hal-info
> and also s2ram I would say this combination is not that common.

The configuration that we have in existing whitelists is the minimal
required set for any given hardware. The question is whether more quirks
are harmful, and the answer to that is (in almost all cases) no now that
the intel DRM looks after itself. What *is* certain is that not
providing any quirks will result in most hardware failing to do
anything useful on resume. How can this make things worse?

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org