[hal-info patch] Add default video quirks

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu May 29 06:22:19 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Matthew Garrett [2008-05-29 13:55 +0100]:
>> Correct. If a system works, we don't care. If it doesn't work, the user
>> will still need to send us some quirks.
>
> *violently agreeing*
>
> You might feel differently but more machines working OOTB -> more
> happy users -> fewer bug reports -> more happy developers -> devs can
> spend their time with something better. :-)

But quirks depend on hardware, kernel, external kernel modules, xorg
libraries and xorg drivers. What is needed now might not be needed
tomorrow. This solution sounds like we'll have to stick to these
defaults for the rest of our lives (there is no way to be sure all
affected systems have been tested as there is no list of affected
systems).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution