[hal-info patch] Add default video quirks

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:26:00 PDT 2008

2008/5/29 Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>:
> The vast majority of machines will not resume without any quirks. As a
> result, it makes sense to try a reasonably safe set of defaults if there
> are none defined. Machines that explicitly require that no quirks be run
> can still define quirks.none.

I am generally not against the idea of using default quirks, iff they
are chosen wisely. The fewer users have to care, the better.

What I am missing, is a justification, why you think your proposed
set/combination of quirks is the most common one.
To me, combining all of them seems a bit odd.

Wouldn't it be a better approach, to analyze the existing hal database
and choose the default quirks based on this data?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?