10-modem.fdi

Trond Husø tr-huso at online.no
Fri May 30 15:06:15 PDT 2008

> > Well at this point, the desktop application (nm-applet) depends on NM
> > knowing about the device, which in turn depends on HAL knowing what
> > device type (CDMA or GSM) the modem is.  I suppose we could have the
> > applet (or something else) listen for insertion events, poke the modem,
> > if it needs a PIN ask for it graphically, tell HAL to run the prober
> > again, and then it would show up with the right capabilities and at
> > least NM would be able to use it.  Or something like that.
>
> We can flag it as a mobile which requires a PIN without knowing what the
> device type is, presumably?

It should also tell if the user has written the PIN to many times and
therefor must use the PUK code.

Also: I am not sure if NM is the correct application to control a mobile
phone. On my win PC Dell (with Vodaphone) has a separate application to
control the onboard 3g-card. With this application one can also send
SMS-messages.

Also (2): I have a HTC Dual Touch that I can connect with my USB cable.
Is there some data from this that you would need.

best
Trond